How good do you feel about your guitar playing at the moment?
Are you frustrated with your guitar skills and you often doubt your musicality?
Have you been trying to teach yourself guitar from DVD’s and the Internet, without success?
Have you lost your motivation to practice and you feel as if reaching your goals is unrealistic?
Have you just picked up the guitar for the first time (or are you considering taking it up)?
Maybe you had guitar lessons in the past but you felt that you were not progressing fast enough to continue?
Do you feel as if your progress is really slow compared to other musicians at your level?
Are you wary of spending even more time and money on ineffective learning methods?
Are you a more advanced player looking to take your playing to the next level?
You know a lot of scales and guitar licks but you struggle to apply them in music?
Perhaps you can already play but you lack of confidence as a player which make you feel like a complete beginner?
Or, maybe you struggle to be a consistent guitar player outside of your bedroom, for example: in band rehearsals, recording sessions and gigs?
You too can become the guitarist you always wanted to be!
Imagine how great you will feel whenever you pick up your guitar and play the music you want! Imagine what it would be like to play guitar the way you always dreamt about! Imagine how great it will be to write your own songs, play in a band or just enjoy playing your favourite songs!
Playing guitar the way you want is a realistic goal that can be achieved much easier and faster with the right teacher and an effective long term teaching strategy and methods that have already given some great results to other guitar students. The best way to move forward with your guitar playing is to work with a teacher with a proven track record of helping people reach their guitar playing goals. Someone who will teach you and develop your playing so that you are able to play guitar they way you want to in the shortest amount of time possible.
Student Success Stories:
I came to Greg about a year ago because I have been trying to teach myself how to play guitar which is near or impossible especially if you don’t want to learn the wrong things and end up making things more difficult for yourself in the future. Before I took lessons with Greg I felt like it was impossible, like this was never going to happen, that it was too late for me and I should give up. But taking that one trial lesson that day really changed everything. Greg showed me that it is possible and the things that were only for great guitarists out there were actually achievable for anyone… Lauren, London Based Rock Guitarist
When I have met Greg six months ago, I had never played any kind of musical instrument or indeed studied music. Imagine my surprise and pleasure therefore when I found myself playing songs that I liked on stage in a band in front of the whole music school. I was really surprised that one can make that much progress in Greg’s lessons. I enjoy the way Greg teaches because, he teaches through learning songs and these are the songs you might suggest yourself or you already know.
Mike, Oil Industry Entrepreneur, Fan of Blues, Soul and Classic Rock
I did have guitar lessons a long time ago for about a month but I gave up on that and I gave up the guitar, but I had years lessons with Greg and I rejuvenated my interest in guitar with that year. I now love the lead guitar… The years lessons gave me a great interest in the guitar and sustained my interest in guitar. You can progress when you are having lessons, You learn to play in time with other people. It is interaction with the other people you don’t get while playing at home on your own, You can progress a lot easier.
Alan, London Primary School Teacher, Fan of Classic Rock
I feel happy being able to pick up an instrument and play it and keep the audience occupied for a half an hour or so… which is something I couldn’t do four years ago… Guitar lesson with Greg is something in my diary each week that I actually look forward to… The thing that kept me going for all those years was persistence and the knowledge that if you keep practicing you can get better. Chris, Professional Chartered Accountant, Fan Of Classic And Indie Rock
I have been playing guitar for 30 years, in rock bands and blues bands and I am a quite experienced player… I have come to Greg because I don’t think its ever too late to expand your repertoire or expand your thinking about how you play guitar…This has been a worthwhile experience for me. I consider it was worth financial output from my pocket to have this extra knowledge.
Danny Gwilym, Lead Guitarist of Roadhouse Blues Band.
Taking Guitar Lessons With An Experienced Guitar Teacher With Proven Track Record Of Results And Student Success is the fastest and most enjoyable way for You to Progress and Become The Guitar Player You Want To Be!!!
1. Learn how to walk before you run. The biggest problem of learning from YouTube, DVD’s or even books is that you don’t know if the information provided there is applicable to you at that point of your musical education. Sometimes even if the content is right you might not be learning it in the right order. Also the author of any instructional video or book doesn’t know you personally plus knows nothing about your musical goals or your current skill level. Imagine learning to run before you can walk. How far would you actually get? Learning with a great guitar teacher will help you to learn in the right way so that you waste no time and reach your goals much faster than with other methods.
2. Get a correct demonstration of how to play guitar and get your questions answered. Are you sure that the person in front of you on Youtube really knows what he/she is doing? Do they do it in the most efficient and effective way? Would they take any responsibility for teaching you the wrong way? In addition, if you learn from a book or from an online course, how do you ask questions if you are not sure about something? With a great guitar teacher you can be sure that if you have a problem you can get it resolved so that you can focus on enjoying your progress rather than chasing your tail wondering what you should be doing.
3. Stay Motivated. A great guitar teacher understands how frustrating it can be from time to time to learn guitar when things just don’t seem to work or make sense. Remember that most likely at in the beginning your teacher used to struggle himself/herself. One of biggest advantages of taking lessons from a great guitar teacher is to get an inspiration, encouragement and understanding. Knowing that you have someone to support your development and learning is the greatest asset in taking guitar lessons. Expert feedback coupled with personalised support and guidance means that you simply cannot fail! Do other learning methods provide you with this? Having someone there to help motivate you when you feel like giving up is the primary reason that students who learn with a teacher prosper and continue to develop far longer than those that have no such support to keep them motivated.
4. Learn how to practice guitar and monitor your progress. Unfortunately guitar lessons alone don’t make you a better guitar player. It’s how you invest your time between lessons that really counts. A great guitar teacher will help you to use your time wisely, helping you come up with an effective and personalised practice strategy for maximum results in the shortest amount of time. The practice routines depend heavily on the student’s goals and it is very important to tweak them to get the most out of your precious practice time. The most frustrating part of teaching yourself is not knowing what to practice and how to avoid things that are irrelevant. A great teacher will help you get back on the right track of reaching your musical goals.
5. Stay on the right track and get support you need. A great guitar teacher understands that sometimes other things stay get in the way of guitar. It is good to have someone to remind you how important a part of your life is your creativity and passion for music is. Seeing a teacher regularly is the best way of ensuring that your playing is on the right track and that you are moving forward and improving with your guitar playing. With a great teacher you will get feedback on your playing every week. That will help you to focus on achieving your long term musical goals.
6. Have fun with like-minded musicians. Playing music with others is the biggest reward of playing any instrument. In a group of people music makes more sense. How often do you make music with others? Even if you do not want to play at the O2 Arena, playing music with other people is beneficial to your playing, builds self-confidence and is simply great fun and very rewarding. A great teacher runs jam classes, workshops and other group events designed to boost your playing whilst having fun making music with others. Guitar lessons and jam sessions are also the best way of finding a band mate.
7. Save TIME and MONEY.You could spend months or even years wasting time and money on other guitar learning tools such as books, DVDs or online courses and still not make much progress. There is so much information out there these days that it is very hard to find out what you should be learning to move you forward. With a good teacher you can guarantee that the information that you are given is exactly what you need, when you need it. Therefore you do not waste any time or money on ineffective methods and courses promising the ultimate short cut to great guitar playing. You could spend months or even years wasting time and money on DVDs, online courses and other ineffective guitar methods promising the ultimate short cut to great guitar playing. There is so much (mis)information around these days that it can be very hard to know what you should be doing to move forward, whilst avoiding the many trial-and-error pitfalls which could actually slow your progress or worse still, put you off guitar for life. With a good teacher you can guarantee that the information that you are given is exactly what you need, when you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question One: You seem to teach a lot of pretty accomplished and experienced players, Are beginners welcome?
My Answer: Many of my students started taking lessons with me as complete beginners. They had no previous music experience or lessons. So Yes! Beginners are welcome;-)
Question Two: There are a lot of videos on your site showing your students playing on stage or talking about playing at workshops. What if I don’t want to perform on stage and I would rather play guitar only for my own enjoyment?
My Answer: Not all of my Students want to play on stage. Many just prefer to be able to play for themselves or for family and friends at home. It is absolutely okay to be this way;-) These videos are here just to show you what is possible after taking lessons with me and that the option is there if you ever change your mind;-)
Question Three: Do You teach acoustic guitar? A lot of the videos on your site are showing students playing on electric guitar…
My Answer: Yes I do teach Acoustic guitar. A lot of students that I teach have started on an acoustic and then they have decided to go for an electric. They are able to play both instruments since skills on both instruments are transferrable. I am organising a special acoustic concert in February 2013 with the theme ‘Rock Goes Acoustic’ I will feature all my electric guitar students playing acoustic!
Choose your guitar programme:
Complete Beginner Guitarist Programme
Are you looking to learn guitar from scratch, or perhaps you have tried some ineffective guitar methods based on ‘one size fits all’ DVD’s or books? Perhaps you feel overwhelmed with the information on-line and you are not sure which one is accurate? Maybe you just prefer to have someone simply showing you what to do in a logical and easy to follow manner at your own pace?
Guitar Strummer Programme
You know some basic chords but you struggle with the rhythm so that each songs you play sounds exactly the same? Perhaps some chords give you a hard time and prevent you from playing songs you love? Perhaps you struggle with fingerpicking or using a pick? Are you interested in learning your favourite songs and play guitar socially or for your own enjoyment? Perhaps you are not interested in leaning how to improvise and compose your music but you will quite happily play some famous tunes and have fun? Perhaps you wish to play at open mic nights? For fans of Modern Indie bands, Folk and Traditional Music, bands like: The Beatles, Oasis, The La’s, REM, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Paul Weller and the Jam and many more…
Blues Guitar Player Programme
Are you a guitar player with a bit of chords knowledge, riffs and scales? Perhaps you struggle to improvise or to play your favourite songs? Or you wish to gain freedom of playing solos you hear in your head? You would love to be able to pick up your guitar and jam along to your favourite songs or maybe even join a band or take part in blues jam session? Would you like to develop your guitar phrasing techniques like vibrato, hammer on’s, string bends and slides? Blues Guitar Player Programme will be good for you if you like following bands and artists: Eric Clapton, Albert King, BB Kind,The Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, Steve Ray Voughan, Gary Moore, Led Zeppelin, Cream, John Mayall, Jimi Hendrix, The Roling Stones, Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, Free, The Animals, Bad Company, Rory Gallagher and many more…
Rock Guitarist Programme
Are you into rock? You can play already some riffs and songs and you might even played some guitar solos? Perhaps you are looking to improve your guitar improvising skills and technique to be able to play more technically demanding songs. Perhaps you struggle to play your favourite songs and make them sound as great as they were played by your favourite bands? For fans of classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, punk rock, indie rock. Are you into Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters, Metallica, AC/DC, Free, Bon Jovi, The Ramones, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Aerosmith, Guns n’ Roses? This programme is for you.
Advancing Rock Guitarist Programme
Are you an intermediate rock guitar who is confident about improvising in minor pentatonic scale and is willing to learn more advanced harmony. Perhaps you feel restricted by lack of scales and phrasing techniques, Maybe you wish to learn more advanced guitar techniques such as string skipping, sweep picking arpeggios, tapping, whammy bar technique? Are you a fan of guitar shredding: Paul Gilbert, Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani,Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Tony MacAlpine, Marty Friedman, Jeff Loomis?
While requesting your free introductory session please let me know which programme you are interested in.
I will be happy to advise the best option for you based on your evaluation lesson.
My Name Is Greg And As A Guitar Teacher, I Offer Proven Guitar Lesson Programmes In London.
Many students in Wimbledon and surrounding areas have come to me to learn to play their favorite songs, their favourite styles, to learn to express their Musical Ideas… To Find their own Musical Voice. And Some have gone on to take their new developed playing skills even further and play at our workshops, and some even live on stage, at our Special Student Events and even form their own bands; while others have chosen just to learn Guitar as a way to relax.. just for fun, just for their own pleasure.
My Students have discovered like I did many years ago, that with a patient experienced Guitar Teacher to guide you and support you, you can reach your goals on the Guitar. With me as your teacher you can find out:
How You can Get Past Your frustrations of not being able to play the way you know you were meant to play – whether You are a beginner or have been playing many years.
You can Stop Playing the same things that You Know over and over – break out of Your rut of the same songs, the same riffs, the same solos and improvisation ideas. You can Start making real progress on The Guitar while having Fun. How to break the current ceiling on Your Guitar Playing, whether You have been playing for years or never played or even picked up a guitar before.
In my five year long proven guitar teaching career I have come across many guitar students who had great musical potential but they lacked of confidence in themselves. In many cases this lack of confidence leads to self doubt and negative feelings that make people give up their dreams of becoming musicians. Another common factor of not taking up the instrument is fear of failure. It prevents many potentially musical people just like you from learning guitar. It also prevents good guitarists from becoming great players. Remember that with my understanding of the learning process and experience in helping others just like you it doesn’t have to be that way. I have developed teaching strategies and systems that will make you a player you always wanted to be! Check Student Events section of the page, Student Success Stories and Guitar Player’s Blog.
There will never be a better time in your life to work on your guitar skills! How many times have you put your dreams about playing music on hold until life gets easier? The problem is that life never gets easier because sooner or later something new comes up and you make another excuse not to do it right now;-(
Successful musicians have found that in order to become great players they had to fit in guitar practice and lessons into their current busy schedule. I promise you that all great musicians you admire had to go to school, had to go to work or even support their families just like you, while working on their music skills. They were no more talented than you are and they had no more time than what is available to you. They just didn’t make the mistake of putting their musical dreams on hold but instead they took action!
My guitar students have found that it is possible to improve as a musician regardless their busy work schedules, having children and other commitments. Becoming a great guitar player is not a matter of talent but your own choice. Are you ready to take action?
P.S. The sooner you get started with guitar lessons with me, the sooner you will end your frustration and start improving and having a lot of fun from the whole guitar experience. Many people want to become great guitar players, but few are willing to take the simple steps that it takes.
P.P.S. My guitar students are living proof of how you can dramatically improve your guitar skills and have a lot of fun at the same time. With the long term teaching strategy based on your musical goals, your potential and effective practice you are going to become the guitar player you always dreamed of becoming.
P.P.P.S. If you live anywhere near London and you have an interest in acoustic guitar, blues, rock or metal CONTACT ME NOW to discuss putting you on the fast track to becoming the guitar player you want to be.