Blues Guitar Lessons in South West London
- Would you like to learn your favourite blues songs?
- Would you like to be able to play your favourite blues solos?
- Would you like to be able to improvise blues solos?
- Perhaps you already play but you struggle to make things sound like a real thing?
- Would you like to learn some cool blues licks and know how to play them in any song you want?
- Perhaps you are a complete beginner who just wants to play blues?
- Perhaps you would like to meet like-minded people to jam?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to at least one of these questions you have come to the right place! My name is Greg and I am a guitar teacher based in Wimbledon area. I specialise in blues guitar lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced players. I have already helped many people in your situation and I am confident that I will be able to help you too.
I would like to ask you to go to the blog section and browose through the posts. There are many videos of my students playing blues at special events I organised throughout the years. Some of my students have never played before. Some of them had some contact with guitar but they lacked of structure or access to other like-minded people to jam with. I also taught people who were already in bands and even recorded and released own music on CD’s!!!
What Are Common Problems While Learning To Play Blues?
- Not knowing what and how to practice.
- Not knowing if the information you are learning is correct.
- Lack of feedback on your playing.
- Lack of understanding of what you are practicing.
- Lack of understanding of the muisc theory.
- Bad habits while practicing and playing guitar.
Rhythm Guitar Problems:
- Lack of repertoire and inability to play whole songs from start to end
- Not understanding how to change keys of songs
- Lack of chord knowledge
- Lack of different rhythm patterns
- Lack of understanding how the rhythm works
- Poor timing
Lead Guitar Problems:
- lack of fretboard knowledge
- lack of scale knowledge
- lack of ability to use right scales
- lack of chord tone knowledge
- lack of guitar licks vocabulary
- lack of guitar technique(bends, vibrato,slide,legato, etc.)
Here's how I could help you to become a better blues guitarist:
With me as your guitar teacher you will learn how
- blues guitar players practice guitar
- how blues players learn guitar licks
- how blues players improvise
- how they play different rhythms
- how to quickly build your song repertoire
- how to apply music theory in practice
- how to jam with other people
In your lessons we will be working on:
- learning your favourite blues songs
- working on your teachnique
- we will be learning how to apply music theory
- how to improvise
- how to make each guitar solo different
- how to play in any key you want
As my student you will get an access to great community of my blues guitar students in South West London! You will be invited to student jam nights and workshops to learn how to play in band with the drummer and and bassplayer and singers. From time to time you will get the chance to take part in live student concerts for friends and family!
To get started message me using the contact form below the videos.